Sleep Benefits of Hot Tubs: Whether it’s difficulty falling asleep or episodes of waking up and being unable to easily go back to sleep during the night, you probably experience a less-than-good night’s sleep from time to time. When lack of sleep becomes a chronic problem, it can start to affect you in many ways.
How important is a restful night’s sleep? Studies show that:
- Sleep helps the brain commit new information to memory.
- Chronic sleep loss affects the way the body processes and stores carbohydrates, which may lead to weight gain.
- Poor sleep can contribute to accidents while driving.
- Lack of sleep can make you irritable, and make it hard to concentrate.
- Serious sleep disorders have been linked to hypertension.
- Eventually, chronic sleep loss can diminish the disease-fighting capabilities of the immune system.
Learning to relax in preparation for a good night’s sleep can help improve the chances of falling, and staying asleep. Hydrotherapy helps ease tension and promote relaxation. Heat loosens constricted blood flow. Buoyancy reduces body weight by up to 90%, relieving pressure on joints and muscles. And massage helps to work out stiffness and muscle soreness. Hydrotherapy also stimulates the production of endorphins, which naturally block pain and stress signals from reaching the brain. Their effects can linger after your spa session has ended too, so you feel more content, and ready to sleep.
Jets provide many massage variations that can help you release feelings of stress. Patented and adjustable jets pinpoint the neck muscles, where many people experience tension. You can opt for high- or low-level massaging action with these, and many other jets. You may also want to try using aromatherapy fragrances, in select spas, to help induce a restful state. Certain fragrances, such as Summer Rain from the SunScents aromatherapy collection, have qualities that calm the mind and enhance relaxation. If you think a hot tub might be the answer to your sleep trouble, contact our experts today. We can help you explore the health benefits of our spas and even find the perfect hot tub for your lifestyle!