It seems like everybody has a story about their spa being the most efficient spa available. So what really makes a hot tub efficient? The most important contributors to energy efficiency include heat retention, (insulation), heater efficiency, programmability, and quality construction from the base to the cover. Sundance Spas feature the proprietary Rigid Bond shell, the only shell that includes additional heat retention while multiplying the strength of the shell and protecting against the elements
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Like many of our other customers, chances are you might have questions. To help you learn more about our products, ownership and the benefits they can offer, we have listed some of our most-asked questions and provided you with the answers.
Is saltwater in a hot tub healthy?
Make no mistake, a saltwater system on a hot tub dos NOT provide less maintenance or less chemistry. A saltwater spa uses salt to create chlorine, and will still demand water balancing, and maintenance efforts for the generator itself. Add to that the multi day start-up process of salt, the expense of the system, and the corrosive nature of salt to surfaces, and you will find that the safest way to keep your water clean is with spa chlorine or bromine. Sundance Spas are compatible with Frog @ease cartridges, which has all the ease that salt promises without the corrosion and expense.
What is the benefit of minerals?
Minerals are used as a natural and gentle sanitizer to help reduce the amount of chlorine needed for a spa. A mineral sanitizer can help keep pH in range, and isn’t harmful to the spa.
What kind of sanitizer should I use?
We recommend using spa chlorine and SunPurity mineral sanitizer, or bromine in properly balanced water.Correct water balancing will minimize your need for sanitizer while protecting your spas surfaces
What makes Sundance spas special?
- Efficiency: Sundance Spas prioritizes energy efficiency while delivering an incredible massage. Our acrylic spas have full insulation, intelligent heating and filtering programs, and premium insulated covers custom fit to each model. They also feature our proprietary Rigid Bond triple layer shell that makes our spas stronger and better insulated.
- Massage: Each Sundance Spa model is outfitted with a curated arrangement of jets to maximize your massage options no matter the seat count. Our 780,880, and 980 collections are designed with our patented Fluidix jets that are engineered to last longer than other jets on the market, while delivering our legendary massage. With layers of nuance and adjustability, our jets are housed in a solid shell that guarantees durability and a personalized massage.
- Water Care: Sundance Spas acrylic hot tubs are all equipped with a water care feature we call Active Oxygen- a highly effective combination of Ozone and UV for cleaner water with less effort. We know that your time is as valuable as your peace of mind, so we build our spas to do more of the work for you.
- Service: Every Sundance Spa has warranty service and support from your local dealer.
What is the benefit of owning a spa?
Spas and hot tubs are renowned for their health and wellness benefits. From soothing sore muscles after a hard workout, alleviating stress and promoting good sleep, a hot tub can impact many aspects of your well being. A Sundance Spa has features that promote wellness via hydrotheraphy, chromotheraphy, aromatheraphy, all housed in a beautifully crafted unit.
How often should I drain my hot tub?
Drain hot tub questions: How often you change your hot tub water can depend greatly on how often the spa is used, the quality of water used to fill it, and how well the water is maintained. As a general rule of thumb, we recommend draining, cleaning, and refilling the hot tub every three to four months for an optimal operation.
How often should I clean my filter?
A clean and functioning filter is key to an operational filtration system, as it catches and removes dirt and debris, keeping the water clean and free of impurities. We recommend rinsing the filter every two weeks with fresh water from the hose or kitchen sink. You can also use this time to spray it down with a filter cleaner and then continue to rinse.
Filter cleaning nozzles are available that can be attached to the end of a hose, which can help water to better reach the nooks and crannies of your filter. Soak your filter overnight in a bucket filled with water and a small amount of filter cleaner every two months to remove deep-down debris. We recommend replacing your hot tub filter annually to ensure a fully functional filtration system.
How often should I clean my hot tub?
Cleaning hot tubs is the best practice for an enjoyable soak. How often and in what manner you clean your hot tub will depend on two factors: how often the spa is used and the manufacturer.
- Test your hot tub water with test strips once or twice a week.
- Treat your hot tub water accordingly based on the readings from the test strips.
- Clean the filter every two weeks with water from the hose.
- Drain, clean, and fill the hot tub once every three to four months.
For more information about the water management system and cleaning process for your hot tub, get in touch with us today.
What is hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is a therapeutic technique that harnesses the healing properties of water. What is hydrotherapy? The combination of heat, buoyancy, and massage helps to relax muscles, ease sore joints, improve circulation, and reduce muscle tension. Used by healthcare professionals all around the world, hydrotherapy can help to improve sleep patterns, reduce stress, ease aches and pains, aid in post-injury recovery, and soothe sore joints, among many other health benefits.